Annette K. Ebright
Annette Ebright is a litigator in the Firm’s Government Investigations & White Collar Defense group. Ms. Ebright has extensive experience conducting internal investigations for clients operating in highly regulated industries, both in the U.S. and abroad. She has substantial experience helping clients with identifying and assessing potential exposure under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and export control laws (including ITAR, EAR and OFAC), defending clients in related enforcement actions and designing corporate export compliance programs.
Additionally, Ms. Ebright has significant experience in investigations related to U.S. banking laws and regulations, health care fraud, firearms laws and regulations, immigration fraud, anti-boycott laws and the False Claims Act.
Ms. Ebright is a member of the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Training Panel for the Western District of North Carolina where she represents indigent defendants in federal criminal trials and hearings.
Ms. Ebright is admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Parker Poe, Ms. Ebright practiced with the international law firm Mayer Brown LLP.
- Represented defense contractor in two-year U.S. Department of Justice Grand Jury FCPA investigation into allegations – based upon New York Times article – that client had paid $1 million in bribes to Iraqi government. Result of investigation was “declination letter” from Department of Justice (no prosecution).
- Conducted multiple internal investigations related to export controls (ITAR and EAR), the False Claims Act (FCA), immigration law and federal firearms laws.
- Advised clients regarding export control violations and drafted voluntary disclosures.
- Conducted internal investigations into allegations of employee embezzlement, employee mismanagement and vendor fraud.
- Managed several multi-million document e-discovery projects involving complex civil claims and regulatory and criminal investigations.
- Experience litigating a variety of complex commercial disputes, including shareholder, contract and patent litigation.
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, 2005
- Wal-Mart Reports Highlight Dangers of Payments to Foreign Officials
May 23, 2012
- Parker Poe Adds Three Attorneys to Internal Investigations Group
Partner, Special Counsel and Associate Join the Firm
October 8, 2010
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Doing Business in a Global Economy: Navigating U.S. Export and Anti-Corruption Laws
February 27, 2013
Presenter, French American Chamber of Commerce and German American Chamber of Commerce
- International Issues in Everyday Practice
October 23, 2012
Presenter, UNC System Legal Department Meeting
- Identifying Criminal and Regulatory Issues in Employment Investigations
June 6, 2012
Presenter, Central Carolina Society for Human Resources 2012 Legal Update
- Navigating the Minefield: Doing Business under the FCPA and Export Control Laws
November 18, 2010
Presenter, Parker Poe Fall 2010 Public Company Forum
- American Bar Association
Criminal Justice Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
Criminal Justice Section; International Law & Practice Section
CharlotteThree Wells Fargo Center
401 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Practices & Industries
- Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Antitrust & Business Torts
- Enterprise Risk Management
- International Business
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
JD, with honors, 2007
- Ohio State University
BA, magna cum laude, 1995
- North Carolina, 2007
- District of Columbia, 2013