Frank B. Ulmer
Frank Ulmer has successfully handled numerous cases involving judicial foreclosures, claim and delivery actions, collection actions, guaranty actions and lender liability claims. His clients include national banking associations, commercial lending institutions, loan servicing companies and buyers of distressed debt portfolios.
Mr. Ulmer is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in South Carolina and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Ulmer previously served on active duty in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps, where he practiced as a trial and appellate attorney. Prior to joining Parker Poe, he clerked for the Honorable David C. Norton, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.
- Successfully argued for dismissal of several lender liability counterclaims in guaranty action
- Secured dismissal of counterclaims in judicial foreclosure action, allowing order of foreclosure to be entered and collateral property to be sold
- Represented banks and other lending institutions in connection with nonperforming commercial loans, including judicial foreclosures, claim and delivery actions and lender liability actions
- Secured appointment of receivers for numerous collateral properties, including hotels, marinas, shopping centers and multi-family housing projects
- Obtained money judgments for clients in numerous collection and guaranty actions
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Beta Kappa
Charleston200 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Practices & Industries
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Foreclosure & Receivership
- Bankruptcy, Reorganization & Creditors' Rights
- Washington and Lee University
JD, magna cum laude, 2002
- Wofford College
BA, magna cum laude, 1999
- South Carolina, 2008
- Virginia (inactive), 2002