Jason Benton is a trial lawyer with litigation experience in both trial and appellate courts. His practice focuses on complex civil disputes with an emphasis on the defense of personal injury, property damage, municipal liability, products liability, and professional malpractice claims.
Mr. Benton is admitted to practice in all state courts in North Carolina and the federal district courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina.
Mr. Benton counsels and represents various clients on a broad range of issues including:
- Personal injury, wrongful death and property damage claims
- Municipal and public official liability, including §1983 civil rights and police use of force claims
- Trucking and transportation liability
- Products liability, premises liability, industrial accidents, toxic torts and catastrophic injury claims
- Professional malpractice, including engineering, architectural, accounting and legal malpractice claims
- Errors and omissions, including insurance agent/broker liability
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Fair debt collection practices and other consumer action claims