- Represented franchise mortgage servicer in connection with Chapter 11 proceeding of convenience store chain with more than 40 stores in North Carolina and South Carolina. Representation included facilitation of multi-store auction with purchase prices totaling in excess of $29 million.
- Represented lender in connection with loans in excess of $30 million secured by multiple real estate leases in Kmart Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Represented lender and special servicer in connection with $96 million workout involving more than 150 defaulted restaurant loans secured by properties in 12 states.
- Represented special servicer in connection with $15 million multi-state foreclosure of franchise restaurants.
- Represented lender in connection with foreclosure of apartment properties in North Carolina and South Carolina securing $16 million loan and related Chapter 11 cases of borrower and guarantor.
- Represented CMBS servicer in connection with workout of $116 million loan secured by four internet data facilities in two states.
- Represented CMBS servicer in connection with workout of $113 million loan secured by an office building in Manhattan.
- Represented lender in restructuring $40 million debt of real estate development holding company with facilities in six states.
- Represented servicer in connection with filing of foreclosure, obtaining appointment of receiver and subsequent sale of hotel securing $13 million loan in South Carolina.
- Represented lessor of aircraft in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of regional commuter airline, including the negotiation and documentation of exit financing provided by lessor to the debtor.
- Represented national mortgage lending company in state receivership and foreclosure of multifamily apartment housing developments securing loans of approximately $22 million.
- Represented holding company with multiple domestic and international steel manufacturing facilities as Chapter 11 debtor in one of the largest bankruptcy filings in Western District of North Carolina. Representation included all aspects of Chapter 11 practice, including negotiation of $100 million post-petition financing facility.
- Represented manufacturer of textiles with facilities in several Southeastern states as Chapter 11 debtor in Eastern District of North Carolina. Representation included all aspects of Chapter 11 practice, including negotiation of multiple debtor-in-possession financing facilities and competitive auction resulting in $29 million sale of intellectual property rights. Confirmed Chapter 11 plan of reorganization within four months of filing.
- Represented acquirer/plan proponent in the first pre-packaged Chapter 11 case in the Western District of North Carolina.
- Represented manufacturer as special employment counsel in Chapter 11 proceeding in the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Represented national retail chain as special corporate counsel in Chapter 11 proceeding in the District of Delaware.
Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of multistate insurance agency headquartered in South Carolina. Representation included pursuit of substantive consolidation of multiple bankruptcy cases pending in the Western District of North Carolina with the bankruptcy cases of related entities pending in the District of Delaware.
- Represented joint venturer in consortium which purchased Chapter 11 assets of debtor in the District of Delaware for $129 million.
- Represented acquirer of 112-store retail chain in Chapter 11 proceeding in the District of Delaware for a value of $80 million.