We have extensive experience in defending professionals against malpractice claims across a wide range of fields including accounting, architecture, engineering, insurance, financial services, health care, legal services and surveying. Clients consistently rely upon our attorneys for advice on issues of risk management and review of professional liability insurance programs. By providing comprehensive services to our professional clients, Parker Poe attorneys have been successful in defending professional negligence litigation by minimizing clients' losses and costs through early intervention and favorable settlements and, where appropriate, through trial.
Our experience includes:
- Representation of physicians and other health care providers for more than 30 years in medical cases arising from adverse drug reactions, complications of surgery, defective medical devices, complications from labor and delivery and assessment/diagnosis of disease
- More than 30 years of experience in defending attorney malpractice claims
- Defense of corporate officers, directors and accountants in securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative suits and corporate governance disputes
- Representation of clients within the financial services industry in claims of breach of fiduciary duty and alleged violations of applicable standards and regulations, including suitability, selling away, churning and failure to supervise
- Defense of accounting firms in claims that audits were not conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and that faulty audits or improper accounting advice has resulted in alleged economic losses
- Representation of architects and engineers in design and construction disputes of all types and sizes including residential, commercial, industrial, heavy/highway and municipal and governmental contracting. We defend engineers of all disciplines and architects in design deficiency claims as well as construction administration/observation claims